VMA is managed by a Board of Directors consisting of 8 current VMA members.
There are four officers and four directors. In addition, at the discretion of the Board, VMA members may serve in Advisory capacity to the Board. Committees are appointed as needed by the Board.
- President, Lisa Hughes
- Vice President, Linda Ritter
- Secretary, Marcia DuBois
- Treasurer, Carl Spraberry
- General Membership meetings are held quarterly (February, May, August and November)
- Board meetings are held quarterly (January, April, July and October)
- Annual Meeting is held in May
- Conference call and Adobe Connect capabilities are available for those not able to attend the meetings in Virginia Beach
- Details for each meeting (place, time and contact info) are sent via e-mail to all members about a month prior to date
How do we use our resources?
- Support website
- Offer training sessions and participate in conferences
- Create power point presentations
- Visit advocacy groups, educational and community meetings, service organizations etc. to introduce the VMA concept
- Disseminate flyer and printed material
- Eventually offer “scholarships” for those needing financial assistance in any facet of their microboard development